Tuesday 11 February 2014

An Introduction

Hello there! My name is Joanna, I am 19 years old originally from Kingston-Upon-Thames but I am currently at Buckinghamshire New University studying Creative Advertising. I have 5 younger siblings called Daniel (13), Jack (5), Teddy (4), Georgia (2) and Keira (2) and I love my family to bits. My mum and I have the best relationship and she is the cleverest and most inspiring woman I know. My boyfriend is called Jonny and we have been happily together for 4 lovely years - which I think is quite an achievement at my age.
It has always been my dream to work in advertising since I pretty much started secondary school (I know it's strange dream for an 11 year old, most girls that age still want to be a ballerina or princess or something). I have spent since then working on the path to achieve my goal. After achieving very good grades at GCSEs I went on to study Fine Art, Media, Psychology and English Language at college; though I dropped English after AS level. I achieved grades BBC at A Level and secured my place at Buckinghamshire New University. 
The reason I chose Bucks as my first choice is because of how different it is from any other university I looked at in terms of the course. It is an incredibly practical and creativity based course as opposed to many other advertising courses that appeared to be more focussed on the theoretical side of advertising. At Bucks we are given a new brief every fortnight and we are expected to complete the brief and present our finished product, concept, campaign, idea or whatever the brief requires at the end of each fortnight. The close proximity to London was also a massive determining factor in my decision to study there. London is the advertising hub of the UK and, some might argue, the world. We go on several visits to London agencies every month or so and it is always a brilliantly inspiring experience and gives much greater insight into what it's actually like to be working in this industry. There are so many Bucks Ad grads working in these agencies as well that it makes it seem like we really can do it and we really can get the job we want and it is all possible.

Ta ta for now!
Jo

No comments:

Post a Comment